Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Just Moved To Florida? Law Requirements For Driver’s License And Car Registration

Traffic Violations, Tampa Attorney, Tampa Defense Attorney, Florida Motorcycle Laws, Florida LawyerWelcome to the Sunshine State! I know you have a busy schedule, but there’s a few things that you should do immediately to ensure you are following the laws of this State. First, you will need to convert your driver’s license to Florida. You can check online to see if you will need to take a written or road test to qualify for a Florida’s driver’s license. Secondly, you should inform your auto insurance carrier immediately of your move and obtain a Florida auto insurance policy from a licensed company. Thirdly, you will need to register your vehicle’s title with the county tax collector’s office. You will need to bring proof you have Florida automobile insurance, your original out-of-state title and physical inspection verification that your automobile’s VIN number is legitimate. You must register your vehicle within ten days of obtaining employment, placing children in public schools or establishing residency.

Resource: Florida DHSMV-New Residents